My fifth novel releases on Thursday. Does Promotion ever get old?
Yes, it does. Am I still anxious and excited and thrilled?
Is there anything else I can be doing to help my work sell, as well as continue to help and support my other writing friends?
The current list:
- Early reviews – check
- Author pages update – check
- Blog tours lined up – check
- Siggy line on all web communication – check
- Facebook author page update – um, yeah, soon as I figure it out. Shelley Hitz did it for me, and I didn’t want to mess anything up.
- All sites update – Shelfari, LibraryThing, GoodReads, AuthorsDen, LinkedIn, SheReads, SheWrites, Grace ‘n Faith, ShoutLife, etc, etc….need ISBN to do that.
- Updated bio, cards, brochure – working on it. The publisher hasn’t given me the AISN/ISBN, so I’ve been waiting.
- John 316 Marketing Network launch save the date? check, but I have to work on that. May 22
- Trailer? thinking on that. I want to, just to play, but is that the best use of my time?
- Press Releases and radio spot sign ups – getting there.
Besides book signings and the other local stuff, what else can I do? I turn to the Internet and find out where else I can strut my stuff.
1. Book Daily http://www.bookdaily.com/free
Sign up for a free account and have my chapter e-mailed to thousands and get a newsletter– cool, I can do that.
2. Published.com http://www.published.com/
Sign up to list my books for free in its particular genre, help it “get found”; connect with readers. Okay. I can do that.
3. Author.com http://www.authors.com/group/freebookmarketing
Looks like a ning group chat, like John Kremer’s Author promotions sites. I’ll see what kind of time I have to put into these things.
4. Our friend Shelley Hitz’s site shows up too in my search: http://www.self-publishing-coach.com/free-book-marketing.html
I know I definitely have to take some time to check into these great things. I got scolded on here the other week when I went to clean out the spam and found a very exasperated note from a wordpress fan to optimize my site and provided some examples. I know. I know. Just give me a few more hours in a day.
5. And I come back to John Kremer: http://www.bookmarket.com/101bm.htm
He’s got a whole list of free marketing sites that need some more time to look into and sign up.
6. Sign up with Tom Blubaugh’s new author/writer info line - more on that later.
If you’re detecting a theme here, you’re right on! Time spent on this end must equal payoff. I’m not there yet, as I’m spending inordinate amounts of time getting my name out there. Which sites are going to give me the most payback for the amount of time I’m willing to put in to it?
Next week we’ll review what makes an effective Press Release.