Seven ways to make your life count.
Posted by janeteckles on August 11, 2012
“You’re an author?” Why is that question often marked with a tone of admiration? Is writing a book really that impressive?
The answer is, not really. Anyone can jot sentences that turn to paragraphs, and then into chapters and viola, you have a book.
But what’s truly worth admiring is the book we write with our lives—the kind of writing that will make our life count.
Here’s a test to see if you are writing the kind of book that will make God smile when He reads it.
1. Are the pages filled with integrity, honesty and sincerity?
2. Are the lines you write fueled by love?
3. Do the letters you string together honor God?
4. Do the paragraphs carry illustrations to enrich others?
5. Does the title you wear on the outside match the contents inside?
6. Is your motivation to win the prize through Christ Jesus?
7. Is Jesus the publisher of your life?
If so, I wonder if your life will be such a good-read that would end up in the Library of Congress list which, by the way, just issued Books That Shaped America .
Whether on that list or not, our life doesn’t have to shape America, Instead, when our life falls into the shape of God’s plans, it will leave an imprint. It will impact those we knew. And tacitly yet powerfully, point many to Christ—a prize that is truly noble.
“Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14).
Father, I confess the pages of my life need editing through your grace. But, through my mistakes and your forgiveness I too will press on to the goal to win the prize. And I’m reassured that through your son Jesus, my life will count and end up on the bookshelf of eternity, surrounded with glory and splendor. In Jesus name I thank you. Amen.
• What drives the writing of each chapter in your life?
• Who is observing how you write your book?
• What message will others receive long after the last chapter is written?
One Response to “Seven ways to make your life count.”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.